Masking Policy Change Effective March 28, 2023
For the past three years, we’ve remained fluid in our response to the evolving COVID-19 situation in an effort to keep patients, residents, visitors and employees healthy and safe. On May 11, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is expected to end the Public Health Emergency for COVID-19. Locally, our hospitals are better equipped to treat patients with COVID-19 infections. In addition, there is ample supply of vaccines, anti-viral treatments and personal protective equipment.
Therefore, effective Tuesday, March 28, wearing masks will be optional for hospital patients, long term care residents, visitors and employees, regardless of vaccination status (COVID-19 and/or influenza). This includes the entire hospital system, outpatient clinic locations and ProActive. Individuals who choose to wear a mask may continue to do so and we will continue to stock PPE at entrances and in patient care areas.
As we work to return to pre-pandemic infection prevention practices, please note:
- Anyone entering the building is asked to self-monitor for symptoms of illness and avoid entry if experiencing any COVID-19 related signs or symptoms, regardless of vaccination status.
- Sanitize hands often.
- All employees and medical staff who are asked by a patient to wear a mask are expected to honor their expectation.
- We ask for your understanding if conditions change and we need to reinstate preventative and required protective measures.
- This change in practice does not apply to masking requirements for other purposes, including patients, staff and visitors in respiratory/droplet/airborne isolation precautions.
Safety & Precautions
Experience the medical fitness difference. Here’s what Madonna ProActive is doing to keep members and staff safe:
- Mask use for ProActive members is recommended but not required. Our policy is as follows:
- We encourage individuals to maintain 6ft distancing
- We have disposable and reusable masks for sale at our front desk.
- Increased already-stellar cleaning standards and hospital-grade cleaning products.
- Children 3 years of age and older are asked to follow the same mask policy.
- Children 12 years and younger are allowed in the facility with the supervision of a parent or guardian. Children may access the gymnasium and lap pool areas.
Members are top priority for Madonna ProActive. We have several membership options during the pandemic.
- Thinking about joining but uncertain if Madonna ProActive is the right fit?
- We offer month to month memberships for a low-commitment option.
- Call 402.420.0000 to schedule a tour or stop by today!
- Freeze options for Current Members
- Every member has the option to freeze their account during the pandemic. There is a one-time $20 fee to hold your account for up to 4 months. No other charges are incurred during this time.
- Members currently on freeze, have a 7-day trial option prior to resuming membership dues.
- Structured Independent Program (SIP) Memberships resumed September 1st, 2020.
- Each Madonna TherapyPlus patient receives, 30 days free to ProActive upon discharge.
- Prefer a less busy time at the gym? Reference this guide to determine the best times of day to work out.
Madonna ProActive’s play center is open! We currently have adjusted hours and requirements, visit our play center webpage for more details.
Pool & Swim Lesson Information
We have resumed pool use for members. We have resumed children’s group and private swim lessons.
- Pool Information for Members:
- 2 lap lanes available; sign up required. Sign up located near pool.
- Group & Private Swim Lesson Information:
- Children may be unmasked during lesson
Group Fitness Class Information
Group fitness classes are a fundamental part of Madonna ProActive. We look forward to thoughtfully restoring group fitness classes as we expand services and amenities.
- How to sign up and check in for classes:
- Members are encouraged to sign up for classes using the Member Portal
- Using the Member Portal, class reservations can be made 7-14 days in advance
- Sign up may also occur in each class location
- What to anticipate:
- Must wipe down equipment before/after use
- Inclement weather may impact group fitness schedule
We aim to continually offer services for all fitness and ability levels. The pandemic increased our ability to offer services virtually!
- Virtual Personal Training Services
- Receive exercise programs and guidance from the comfort of your own home.
- Call Madonna ProActive’s Fitness Manager at 402.413.4012 for more information.
- Telehealth Nutrition Services
- Take control of your eating habits, food choices and overall nutrition from anywhere!
- Call Madonna ProActive’s Dietitian at 402.413.3559 for more information.
Guests are welcome! Guest fees apply and individuals must adhere to member rules and guidelines.